This position is permanent and full time.
Location: Oakland, Richmond, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego
Wage: $58,000 to $80,000, full benefits
Position open until filled
Organization: ACCE (Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment) is a highly effective statewide social justice organization focused on building the power of low-income communities of color across the state through base-building, leadership development, public campaigning, direct action, political education, and strategic relationships. ACCE has a membership base of over 16,000 community members, predominantly Latinx and African American, in six counties across California and has a track record of winning significant victories in campaigns for affordable housing, tenant’s rights, higher wages, racial justice, immigrant rights and more. ACCE’s members and organizers work together to carry out aggressive legislative and corporate campaigns that advance the interests of low-income communities of color, both locally and statewide.
Position: ACCE has a deep and highly engaged membership base in five regions of the state. Over the past two years ACCE has begun to build an additional base of members and supporters throughout the state, particularly in areas where we do not have on-the-ground presence, through an Online to Offline organizing program. This is, first and foremost, organizing. After connecting with people online we get them onto Zoom calls, trainings, do one-on-ones with those who show interest, and get them on a leadership development ladder. We see this work as having the potential to transform an already powerful organization into a force to be reckoned with statewide, that can catapult our collective economic, racial, and social justice work to another level. We are looking for someone who is excited by this vision and has the drive and organizing skills to help lead the effort to make it a reality.
Location: This position can be based in any of ACCE offices - Sacramento, Richmond, Oakland, Los Angeles, or San Diego.
- Lead in the implementation and innovation of the organizations online to offline organizing model;
- Use these systems and processes, on a daily basis, to grow the number of people engaged; work to expand this base;
- Work with the Campaign Director and others to develop and carry out campaign plans that mobilize this online base;
- Work with core of engaged members, through group calls and one-on-ones, to develop them as leaders within the organization;
- Develop visual and written content for distribution across multiple channels including social media posts, blogs, email campaigns and our websites;
- Manage the member data involved in this Online to Offline work
Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of membership-based organizing, with a labor union or community group
- 1+ years of digital organizing
- Proficient in member databases and outreach tools such as Nationbuilder, Strive, Hustle and PDI
- Excellent online writing skills providing content for programs; writing copy as needed for emails, online ads, video scripts and websites
- Strong understanding of issues facing low-income BIPOC and immigrant communities
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Able to work independently and drive projects and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Basic HTML and CSS experience
- Experience in campaign communications a plus
Wages and Benefits:
ACCE Institute utilizes a progressive salary scale that determines pay based on level of responsibility and years of experience. Salary is non-negotiable but does include annual COLA increases as well as annual anniversary increases. The salary range for this position is from $58,000 to $80,000 annually, based on experience. ACCE has a generous benefits package that includes fully covered health care, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401K employer match and a minimum of 3 weeks’ accruable paid time off in year 1.
If you are interested in the position send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and [email protected] Please put Online to Offline Organizer in the subject line of your email and let us know where you saw the job announcement. ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.