This position is permanent and full time.
Location: Oakland, Richmond, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego
Wage: $65,000 to $80,000, full benefits
Position open until filled
Organization: ACCE (Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment) is a highly effective statewide social justice organization focused on building the power of low-income communities of color across the state through base-building, leadership development, public campaigning, direct action, political education and strategic relationships. ACCE has a membership base of over 16,000 community members, predominantly Latinx and African American, in six counties across California and has a track record of winning significant victories in campaigns for affordable housing, tenant’s rights, higher wages, racial justice, immigrant rights and more. ACCE’s members and organizers work together to carry out aggressive legislative and corporate campaigns that advance the interests of low-income communities of color, both locally and statewide.
Location: This position can be based in any of ACCE offices - Sacramento, Richmond, Oakland, Los Angeles, or San Diego.
- Work with the organization’s Campaign Director, to coordinate statewide issue-based campaigns and support local campaign work across the state
- Management of ACCE’s broad-based statewide issue coalition and committee structure
- Support ACCE’s engagement in campaigns to pass state legislation
- Help develop, drive and track the implementation of coordinated campaign activities by ACCE members across the state member
- Help ensure ACCE campaigns support the growth and development of the statewide social justice movements
- Minimum of 3-years community or labor organizing experience
- Experience working on local or state policy campaigns
- Experience working with coalitions
- Excellent organizational skills, results focused, and well organized.
- Strong understanding of issues facing low-income BIPOC and immigrant communities
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Able to work independently and drive projects and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Comfort with the implementation of a range of organizing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Position requires some travel (post COVID) and flexible work hours to accommodate campaign needs.
- Familiarity with political data, latest outreach technologies, and best practices.
- Experience in campaign communications
- Bilingual Spanish/English, preferred but not required
Wages and Benefits:
ACCE Institute utilizes a progressive salary scale that determines pay based on level of responsibility and years of experience. Salary is non-negotiable but does include annual COLA increases as well as annual anniversary increases. The salary range for this position is from $ 65,000 to $80,000 based on experience. ACCE has a generous benefits package that includes fully covered health care, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401K employer match and a minimum of 3 weeks’ accruable paid time off in year 1.
If you are interested in the position send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and [email protected] Please put Campaign Organizer in the subject line of your email. ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.