Position Open Until Filled
The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) is seeking a Community Canvasser.
ACCE is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 6 cities, ACCE works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice.
About the Position:
The Community Canvasser's responsibilities will be to engage in community outreach through canvassing and phone outreach. We provide paid training; experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Able to work in Sacramento, CA
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Bilingual English Spanish a plus but not mandatory
- Dependable vehicle a plus (Mileage reimbursed)
- Dependable computer and high speed internet a plus for Phone banking a plus but not mandatory
- Basic computer skills, comfortable in Microsoft Office and with the web
Compensation: Community Canvassers are non-exempt hourly position employees. Pay is $17/hr. with reimbursement for mileage, technology and internet usage. This is a temporary position.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
For COVID-19 precautions we are providing face mask, hand sanitizer & disinfecting wipes for all staff. We regularly disinfect our office & have some remote work from home.
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations