$18 per hour
Position Open Until Filled
This position is Full Time and temporary Wage: $18 hr
The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) is seeking an Outreach Organizer. ACCE is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 6 cities, ACCE works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE is seeking a full-time and temporary Outreach Organizer who will work in targeted communities to identify low wage workers and provide them with critical covid protection and assistance information.
Outreach Organizer duties include:
- Community outreach and presentations to recruit volunteers.
- Assist in the coordination of outreach plans, including preparing materials, and nightly reporting.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of contact lists and program tracking.
- Participate in regular check-ins with the supervisor in order to discuss progress of the project.
- Contacting and recruiting community members through door to door canvassing, no contact flyering and phonebanking
This position will be based in Sacramento, CA but part of the work is remote and can be done remotely if the requirements are met.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- The Door to Door canvassing and no contact flyering part of the position will be within Sacramento County.
The Phone Banking part of the job can be done from home or any location as part of this job, as long as the following requirements are met:
- A relatively quiet and secure space to work from
- A stable internet connection with a minimum download/ upload speed of 2 MBPS
- A reliable laptop or personal computer
- A personal phone to make calls with
- Google Chrome internet browser (free download available)
- Zoom video conference software (free download available)
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Bilingual English Spanish a plus.
- Dependable vehicle a plus (Mileage reimbursed)
- Dependable computer and high speed internet a plus
- Basic computer skills, comfortable in Microsoft Office and with the web
Compensation: The Outreach Organizer is a non-exempt hourly position employee. Pay is $18/hr. with reimbursement for mileage, technology and internet usage. This is a full-time temporary position.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Please apply to this position through Indeed.com here