$18 per hour
Position Open Until Filled
This position is temporary and part time Wage: $18 hr
The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) is seeking a Canvassing Lead. ACCE is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 6 cities, ACCE works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE is seeking a full-time, temporary Civic Engagement Lead who will train and supervise our paid canvassing team to contact community members, invite them to town hall meetings and trainings on COVID-19 safety and worker rights. In addition, the Lead will conduct outreach activities along with the canvassing team.
This position will be based in Sacramento, CA but part of the work is remote and can be done remotely if the requirements are met.
The candidate will report to the office Director and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Contacting community members through door to door canvassing, no contact flyering and phonebanking
- Guiding the canvassing team towards reaching campaign goals/ holding team members accountable.
- Coordinating field outreach plans, including determining turf assignments, preparing materials and field technology, and nightly reporting.
- Coordinating phone bank operations, including preparing program materials, running CalEvo and PDI programs for outreach, ensuring staff have required equipment, monitoring and assisting phone bank team members when needed, and providing frontline IT support if necessary.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of contact lists, timesheets, and program tracking.
- Minimum 2 years experience in voter outreach campaigns through field canvassing and/or phone banking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy (comfortable with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and can learn new computer programs with ease).
- The Door to Door canvassing and no contact flyering part of the position will be within Sacramento County.
The Phone Banking part of the job can be done from home or any location as part of this job, as long as the following requirements are met:
- A relatively quiet and secure space to work from
- A stable internet connection with a minimum download/ upload speed of 2 MBPS
- A reliable laptop or personal computer
- A personal phone to make calls with
- Google Chrome internet browser (free download available)
- Zoom video conference software (free download available)
- Comfortable using phone banking systems
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus.
- Dependable vehicle a plus (mileage reimbursed).
- Knowledgeable with PDI.
The Civic Engagement Lead is a non-exempt hourly position. Pay is $18/hr. This is a full-time, temporary position.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Please apply to this position through Indeed.com here