This position is permanent and full time.
Location: Los Angeles, in office
Wage: $65,000 to $80,000 based on experience
Organization: ACCE (Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment) is a highly effective statewide social justice organization focused on building the power of low-income communities of color across the state through base-building, leadership development, public campaigning, direct action, political education and strategic relationships. ACCE has a membership base of over 17,000 community members, predominantly Latinx and African American, in six counties across California and has a track record of winning significant victories in campaigns for affordable housing, tenant’s rights, higher wages, racial justice, immigrant rights and more.
ACCE members and staff have decided to embark on a major effort to organize in our communities, and statewide to combat the financing of fossil fuels and the impact of the climate crisis on lower-income neighborhoods.
ACCE’s members and organizers work together to carry out aggressive legislative and corporate campaigns that advance the interests of low-income communities of color, both locally and statewide.
Location: This position is based in the Los Angeles ACCE office located at 3655 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 215, LA, CA 90007. We work 4 days a week in the office, and 1 day a week remotely.
Supervision: The Climate Justice Campaign Coordinator will report to one of the LA ACCE Co-Directors. Approximately 20% of the work will be on a statewide campaign to disrupt the financing of fossil fuels, and this work will be overseen by the statewide campaign director.
- Community organizing – working in lower income communities of color, build a new membership base of climate justice warriors, engage ACCE’s existing membership base in this issue, and develop grassroots leaders.
- Coalition work - develop relationships with other organizations working on this issue and, with leaders, participate in coalitions when the organization’s leaders decide it is strategic to do so.
Campaign development & implementation – working with grassroots leaders, LA ACCE Co-
Directors, and with support of the statewide campaign director, help members advance local campaigns to address the impacts of climate change on low-income communities of color.
- Engage Los Angeles members in the statewide campaign to disrupt the financing of fossil fuels.
- Carry out the above work in ways that seek to build power for ACCE member and their communities.
- Minimum of 4 years community or labor organizing experience
- Experience working on local or state campaigns.
- Experience working with coalitions.
- Excellent organizational skills, results focused, and well organized.
- Strong understanding of issues facing low-income BIPOC and immigrant communities
- Able to work independently and drive projects and programs to completion in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Position requires some travel and flexible work hours to accommodate campaign needs.
- Experience in campaign communications
- Bilingual Spanish/English, preferred but not required
Wages and Benefits:
ACCE Institute utilizes a progressive salary scale that determines pay based on level of responsibility and years of experience - the salary is based on this scale and is non-negotiable. ACCE provides annual cost of living increases, as well as annual anniversary increases. The salary range for this position is from $65,000 to $80,000 based on experience. ACCE has a generous benefits package that includes fully covered health care, dental, and life insurance, as well as a 401K employer match and a minimum of 3 weeks’ accruable paid time off in year 1.
If you are interested in the position, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please put Los Angeles Climate Justice Campaign Coordinator in the subject line of your email.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.