Position: Los Angeles Civic Engagement Lead
Location: South Los Angeles, CA
Weekly hours: 24
Expected Duration: 20 days between Feb 5th and March 5th
About the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment: As a grassroots, social justice community organization, ACCE Institute's mission is to build the leadership of those most impacted by injustice and inequality, empowering them to become leaders, and to create change in their communities. By coming together and becoming active, ACCE Institute leaders are driving innovative public policy solutions.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE Institute is seeking a part-time, temporary Civic Engagement Lead who will supervise paid outreach teams to contact voters regarding the statewide special election, as well as to engage community members on important issues.
We seek an individual with a passion for economic and racial justice, and experience in voter outreach methods. Ideally this role is filled by a person who is energetic, can overcome obstacles, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will report to the ACCE Civic Engagement Director, and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Contacting voters through canvassing for ACCE Institute campaigns/issues.
- Guiding the canvassing team towards reaching campaign goals/ holding team members accountable.
- Coordinating field outreach plans, including determining turf assignments, preparing materials and field technology, and nightly reporting.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of voter lists, timesheets, and program tracking.
- Minimum 2 years experience in voter outreach campaigns through field canvassing and/or phonebanking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy (comfortable with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and can learn new computer programs with ease).
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus.
- Dependable vehicle a plus (mileage reimbursed).
- Knowledgeable with PDI.
How to apply:
Please email a resume with three professional references—including at least one supervisor—to [email protected].
ACCE Institute is an equal opportunity employer; LGBT, women, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.