Sacramento Administrative Assistant
Compensation: Pay starts at $24.13 an hour, and scales up based on experience.
This position is part-time and permanent.
Position open until filled.
Organization: The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) is dedicated to raising the voices of everyday Californians, neighborhood by neighborhood, so that our children have stronger communities and expanded opportunities.
ACCE is a statewide community organization working with thousands of members in eleven counties creating transformative change by helping ordinary citizens to organize and take action. Some of ACCE’s priority program areas include:
- Defending vital services by reforming California’s broken fiscal system
- Giving our children the opportunity to succeed through sound education reform
- Fighting to save homes by holding banks and corporations accountable for their bad business practices; and
- Improving access to health care
Please note that ACCE does not operate community services directly. Rather, we work directly in neighborhoods with community leaders to advocate for the change they want to see in their communities.
The Position: The role of an ACCE Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to ACCE’s operations. Collectively, our Operations Team is responsible for keeping our organization running smoothly so that we are able to fulfill our mission in the communities that we organize. The role of the Administrative Assistant is to work with our staff and our community members to keep our systems functioning.
The lists of Key Duties and Responsibilities below are not all-encompassing of job responsibilities related to each position. Occasionally, you may be asked to perform additional duties as directed by your supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities – Administrative Assistant I:
- Handle various human resource duties such as collecting new hire paperwork and verifying it for accuracy and completion, recording new hires into our payroll system, creating and maintaining employee files.
- Assist in the processing of payroll, including processing timesheets, assisting with coding, and training new employees in the use of our timesheets and online time tracking system.
- Prepare check requests for employee reimbursements and bills, with proper coding, on a weekly basis. Enter approved check requests into Quick Books to be paid.
- Facilitate and process monthly office supply orders and track expenditures.
- Open, sort, distribute and deliver mail and packages. Recording any incoming checks or payments as necessary.
- Assist with the shipping and handling of ACCE mailings and/or publications to internal and/or external recipients.
- Coordinate travel, lodging and space reservation for meetings involving staff from multiple offices.
- Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages and/or route to appropriate staff in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Enter dues and donations into the organizational database. Update databases with contact information changes and other critical data.
- Collect metrics used to evaluate our work on a monthly basis.
- Process dues and donations for deposit, recording information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare correspondence and other documents for the operations team as needed.
- Handle general clerical duties including copying, faxing, filing and mailings.
- Serve as liaison to the building maintenance for work-orders and related requests on behalf of staff and/or visitors.
- Perform light cleaning duties when the need arises.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications – Administrative Assistant I:
- Prior experience in an administrative support capacity, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience with MS Office required, including basic competency with Microsoft excel. Advanced excel skills will be given preference.
- Strong typing and data-entry skills.
- Ability to maintain composure while balancing multiple priorities in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Sound organizational skills to manage and prioritize work subject to deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment, as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Compensation: Pay starts at $24.13 an hour, and scales up based on experience. ACCE offers healthcare, life insurance, and 401k to full time employees.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.