Sacramento Community Canvasser
As a grassroots social justice community organization, the mission of ACCE is to build the leadership of those most impacted by injustice and inequality, supporting them to become leaders and create change in their communities. By coming together and becoming active, ACCE leaders are driving innovative public policy solutions.
About the Position:
The Canvasser's responsibilities will be to engage in phone and door-to-door outreach. We provide paid training and though experience is a plus, it is not necessary. Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Both outdoor and in-office work is required for this position.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Punctuality; being on time is a must
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Bilingual English Spanish a plus.
- Dependable vehicle a plus (Mileage reimbursed)
- Basic computer skills, comfortable in Microsoft Office and with the web
Wage: $17 per hour for canvassers and $18 per hour for canvass lead
This position is temporary and part time.
Hours per week:30-39
Employment Length:2 - 4 weeks
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including at least one former supervisor to Sacramento@calorganize.org
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.